POSITION AVAILABLE – SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
AFL Cairns is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Gardener to join our Grounds team to help maintain our world class facilities. Our team is responsible for maintaining nine sporting precincts, including the highly regarded Cazalys Stadium. It’s much more than just cutting the grass, candidates will have the opportunity to work across the facilities for a varied range of events including AFL, Cricket, concerts, and motocross events.
We have established a reputation for our fields and grounds providing the footing to produce high standard football and well attended events. We are seeking candidates with previous ground maintenance or gardening experience and those who also are experience in operating and maintaining.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Keep our grounds and gardens manicured and looking spectacular
- Ensure the cleanliness of the grounds, equipment, and maintenance facility
- Safe application of fertilisers, fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides as directed
- Preparation of turf, synthetic, artificial, and other surfaces for play
- Conduct the planting, maintenance, and care of trees
- Operate, maintain, and adjust turf machinery as appropriate
- Prepare and maintain all gardens, lawns, and greens
- Current Driver’s License
- Trade certificate or similar
- OR Relevant trade experience
- Previous ground keeping experience
If you have a green thumb, love the smell of freshly cut grass and a love of sports, please apply by 11th February 2022.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org