Footy in Paradise. Work in Paradise. What could be better?
As AFL Cairns heads into one of it’s most anticipated seasons in history, we are looking for a footy-mad Events, Marketing and Communications Manager to continue to build the passionate following of one of Australia’s best leagues.
The role will lead all areas of AFLCs’ event management, marketing and communication functions with a strong focus on presentation through digital channels, media and promotions to target key audiences.
The role requires a passion for sport, digital media, marketing and public relations to support and build AFL Cairns communications and social media strategy.
Candidates will need to show experience and the ability to manage, negotiate and influence diverse stakeholder groups will be a high priority along with the identification of new business opportunities in the market.
In addition to developing and promoting our league from grass roots through to senior competitions, this role would play key operational role in major events which attract national interest at Cazalys Stadium. These events would give you the opportunity to work with world class professional sports organisations (including AFL, AFLW and Cricket Australia) and leading entertainment providers.
Reporting directly to the General Manager the successful candidate will have full ownership of;
- Developing and maintaining high visibility of the AFL, AFL Cairns brand and football identity.
- Providing a highly professional and exceptional level of service to AFLC partners and stakeholders.
- Proactively liaise and engage with AFL Cairns, AFL Cairns Junior and AFL Cairns Women’s clubs in developing supporting activities and initiatives.
- Timely and accurate delivery of duties and responsibilities as outlined above.
- Work as part of a vibrant, dynamic and flexible team.
Candidates will need to be able to show a sports-orientated Knowledge, Skills & Expertise in the following areas:
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, particularly with relevance to managing people, running meetings and engaging partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to show initiative, work to deadlines and work unsupervised.
- A thorough understanding of Australian Rules football.
- Previous experience in a sporting environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of traditional and social media.
- University or TAFE Qualification in the Sports Administration, Business Management or similar
- Working with Children Suitability Card (Blue Card)