All applications for this position are to be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org with Cover Letter & Resume’.
Cleaner/Utility Person (C/UP) – AFL Cairns/Cazalys Stadium
Reports to Facilities Manager
HOURS OF DUTY:
38 hours per week. Actual working hours by agreement between C/UP and Facilities Manager.
The salary is in line with the Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2010 (MA000058) Level 5. It is inclusive of;
- Current Award salary
- Superannuation at the government guaranteed rate
- 4 weeks annual leave with Holiday Loading
WORK PLACE HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The employee shall comply with the Workplace Health & Safety Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice and AFL Cairns E-Par Safety Management System and shall comply with instructions given by his or her Manager and/or Supervisor in respect of the Health and Safety of themselves and the Health and Safety of other persons.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OFTHE POSITION:
The primary objective of the position is to enhance the AFL’s ability to provide quality sporting and administration facilities, by presenting its venues and facilities in a clean, well presented and safe state. This includes:
- Maintaining, including cleaning and minor repairs, all designated areas in a clean and well-presented manner;
- Applying safe work practices;
- Recommending orders for chemicals, utensils and consumables;
- Reporting all defects, dangerous situations or behaviours;
- Ensuring safety and security of the grounds and facilities.
The Position reports to the Facilities Manager, the incumbent will work both alone and as part of a small team. In conjunction with the Facilities Manager develop and maintain an effective and efficient written work routine.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the C/UP the duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the general good maintenance and appearance of Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns Headquarters.
- To be available to assist with special events at AFL Cairns facilities outside normal working hours.
- To undertake ad hoc tasks at the request of management.
CAZALYS STADIUM BUILDINGS & SURROUNDS:
- Clean and service all Cazalys Stadium toilet blocks – male and female throughout the stadium precinct,
- Clean and service all ground level areas of the stadium including players rooms, umpire’s rooms (male and female), medical room, disabled toilet, breezeway and walkways,
- Clean and service timekeeper’s box,
- Remove any rubbish from areas cleaned,
- Clean and service coach’s boxes,
- Check and Clean toilets adjacent to High Flyers Room,
- Clean passageways and walkways, including walls,
- Clean other outbuildings and the Ticketbox,
- Ensure Corporate boxes (Grandstand) are clean and tidy and free from rubbish,
- Fully clean and air corporate suites, including walls, benches, seating, floors and glass,
- Fully clean the Grandstand,
- Fully clean and service ticketing office at main entry gate as required,
- After events clean all utilised areas, including removing rubbish,
- Clean and service Hawks Bar, including toilets, louvre windows and behind the bar
- Note – Manunda Hawks Football Club uses this venue as its training ground. AFL Management requires Hawks Club to actively participate in keeping allocated areas in a generally clean state, after each occasion they are used.
AFL CAIRNS ADMINISTRATION BUILDING:
- Clean and service offices, toilets, lunch room and access areas/walkways including;
- Rubbish removal
- Floor cleaning – carpet and tiled
- Cleaning of ledges, sills and skirting boards in passageways or corridors
- Clean and service Tribunal Room and Seminar Room, including attached toilets
Including but not exclusive to;
- Working proactively and positively within the AFL Cairns team,
- Achieving excellent standards of reliability and performance of equipment and machinery,
- Developing and maintaining a high level of satisfaction with AFL Cairns, AFL Cairns Junior and AFL Cairns Women’s Clubs in regard to venue presentation,
- Proactively liaise with and engage AFL Cairns, AFL Cairns Junior and AFL Cairns Women’s Clubs in supporting activities and initiatives,
- Timely and accurate delivery of duties and responsibilities as outlined above.
- High standard of cleaning and presentation.