POSITION: Match Day Manager (Casual)
ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Football Operations Manager Liaises with Club Presidents, Team Managers and Umpires on Match Day
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Casual
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: As an AFL Cairns Match Day Manager, you will work in conjunction with the AFL Cairns Football Operations Manager, the AFL Cairns member Clubs and the AFL Cairns Umpires Association members to oversee the match day operations and administration of AFL Cairns match day to ensure they are conducted smoothly through the season.
The successful applicants will be appointed to a venue where AFL Cairns matches are being played and will oversee the match day operations and administration for matches being held at that venue – generally one Reserve grade and one Senior grade match.
HOURS OF DUTY: Saturday’s 12:15pm – 17:45pm. Some flexibility with times will be required to take in account night, twilight and matches scheduled at times other than Saturday afternoon.
SALARY: $50 per match
KEY DUTIES & RESPONBILITIES: As Match Day Manager, your duties and responsibilities include:
– An understanding of AFL Cairns Rules and Regulations and the ability to facilitate them in a match day environment.
– Ensure ground and surrounding areas are safe for the day’s matches.
– Ensure Match Day Checklist/Ground Inspection Report has been completed, signed by both Clubs and submitted to Umpires Rooms prior to commencement of first match of the day.
– Check scoreboard attendant and time keepers are in place before commencement of each match.
– Ensure stretcher is positioned at interchange bench for both Clubs use as required.
– Ensure Rapid Spin are on site and ready to film (before Seniors only)
– Act as Interchange Steward for matches, monitoring and approving the interchange of players during the match. In order to undertake this duty successfully, Match Day Manager must be position through the match at the interchange area.
– Monitor send-offs, recording times and liaising with Team Managers regarding players ability to go back on the field.
– Report to AFL Cairns any interchange infringements made by teams.
– Record goal kickers during match, using Live Score (Sporting Pulse) via provided iPad.
– Upload quarter by quarter scores at each break, using Sporting Pulse via provided iPad.
– Post scores are breaks on AFL Cairns Facebook page.
– Note worthy goals and marks for potential goal and mark of the year awards.
– Ensure all players named on team sheet are registered and officials, including runners, trainers and water carriers are completed correctly.
– Ensure Clubs submit team sheet at completion of match with best players and goal kickers detailed.
– Check with Umpires at completion of match if any Player Reports or video referrals.
– Collect game vision from Rapid Spin camera operator.
– Upload final match results, including official scores, goal kickers and best players to Sporting Pulse.
– Report to AFL Cairns any incorrect uniforms by players, runners, water carriers, trainers and umpires
– Working with Children ‘Blue Card’ (or ability to obtain same)
Knowledge, Skills & Expertise:
– An understanding of AFL football
– Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and weekends.
– Good communication skills
– Sound technology skills, including use of iPad.
WORK PLACE HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: The employee shall comply with the Workplace Health & Safety Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice and AFL Cairns Policies and Procedures and shall comply with instructions given by his or her Manager and/or Supervisor in respect of the Health and Safety of themselves and the Health and Safety of other persons.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS: For further information, contact AFL Cairns on 07 4042 3000. Applications, in writing, should be sent to email@example.com