Reports to Operations Manager
Full-time, 38 hours per week. Out of hours work will be required.
HOURS OF DUTY:
In season work hours per week will include some weeknights and Sunday’s for attendance at junior football. Flexibility in regards to working hours is required during football season.
As per Sporting Organisations Award 2010 (SOA)
National Employment Standards, Fair Work Act 2009 (NES).
+ Super Guarantee rate
+ 5 weeks Annual Leave
+ 17.5% Leave Loading on five weeks annual leave.
+ Mobile phone with allowance for reasonable personal use.
*Expenditure above telco contract per month cap at employee’s expense.
The position is Permanent with six month probation from the date of commencement.
WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY and POLICY & PROCEDURE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The employee shall comply with the Workplace Health & Safety Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice and AFL Cairns Policies and Procedures and shall comply with instructions given by his or her Manager and/or Supervisor in respect of the Health and Safety of themselves and the Health and Safety of other persons.
- The AFLC Policies and Procedures have been developed for the safety, protection and well-being of the individual employee and the company.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
AFL Cairns is committed to building strong, sustainable participation in AFL football in the senior, junior and women’s competitions. To achieve this primary objective it is essential to establish proactive clubs, a strong player development pathway, positive coaching platforms and a club network that is a positive part of the community. A focus on engaging males and females of all ages from every part of the community including multicultural and indigenous communities is essential to the vitality of the league.
The AFL Cairns Junior competition is an essential part of the growth of AFL in the Cairns region. It provides our senior league with the players of tomorrow. They will make our senior clubs sustainable into the future. The junior competition assists in identifying talent that can become tomorrow’s elite players at a national level.
AFL Cairns is obligated to ensure that;
- Our match day experience is positive for everyone involved.
- Our clubs understand and follow the obligations and objectives of the national, state and local AFL associations.
- Our clubs are stable, fair, consistent and energetic in the management of their teams.
- The coaching of players is always positive and constructive and exceeds community expectations.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONBILITIES:
- Assist junior clubs establish campaigns to recruit participants into junior club football;
- Assist junior clubs with the recruitment and development of quality coaches and also assist with the assessment, development and education of coaches;
- Assist junior clubs develop strategic plans, priorities and objectives with agreed outcomes;
- Assist in developing new opportunities for the growth of AFL;
- Foster links between AFL Auskick centres, schools and junior clubs whilst also assisting with recruitment and retention strategies for junior football;
- Communicate with all stakeholders on a regular and frequent basis;
- Assist in the recruitment and management of club volunteers and access resources and information to allow effective club management;
- Deliver key presentations to clubs, players and members on a range of subjects and to a range of age levels.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of AFL Cairns Junior League including correspondence and general administration.
- Attend all weekly competition fixture matches (ie Monday’s and Wednesday nights and Sundays or as required);
- Oversee the match day environment to ensure integrity in the presentation of the teams and players, the behaviour of the spectators and the demeanour of the coaches and officials;
- Interact with the coaches and officials to ensure high quality and appropriate engagement with junior players;
- Provide training and education on administrative procedures and requirements for the smooth delivery of match day function;
- Coordinate all match day paperwork, including scores, goal kickers, match reports, Best & Fairest voting and Club reports for AFL Cairns Juniors
- Coordinate necessary Tribunals & Appeals for AFL Cairns Juniors including advising Club of reports, convening a Tribunal or Appeal panel, liaising with Clubs regarding hearing dates and times, and acting as Tribunal Secretary or coordinating Appeal hearings.
- Liaise with AFL Cairns Juniors Executive and AFL Cairns key personnel on all relevant matters.
- Arrange, attend and minute all AFL Cairns Juniors and Executive and other relevant meetings.
- Coordinate AFL Cairns Juniors League Presentation Night
- Organise and manage AFL Cairns Juniors Grand Final Day Events, involving sponsors, life members, Executive, etc.
- Attend AFL Queensland Affiliates Annual Conference.
- Coordinate AFL Cairns Juniors ‘End of Season Review’, incorporating preparation for following season.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with member clubs, media and other sections of the community
- To provide cooperative assistance to the AFLQ Development Team, with hours to be determined by AFL Cairns Operations Manager.
- Assist with all junior representative football teams including training, team selection, travel and individual mentoring.
- Assist/ Coordinate the day-to-day correspondence, banking & budget management and general administration of AFL Cairns Juniors
- Coordinate AFL Cairns Juniors player registrations and clearances
- Provide details of AFL Cairns Juniors events and achievements of interest to media and collate press clippings/coverage.
- Compile and distribute information for Clubs
- Database Management
Other reasonable tasks at the discretion of the General Manager or Operations Manager.
- Minimum of Level 1 Umpire Coaching Accreditation; (or a need to obtain)
- Minimum three years working in AFL competitions or with AFL clubs;
- Working with Children ‘Blue Card’ (or ability to obtain same)
- Current Drivers Licence
Key Competencies- Knowledge, Skills & Expertise
- A thorough understanding of AFL football and Laws of Australian Football;
- Ability and willingness to work long and flexible hours and weekends;
- Ability to work unsupervised and achieve excellent outcomes;
- Sound administration and computing skills;
- Proven ability to relate to and engage with a diverse range of individuals and communities;
- Strong communication skills that appropriately deliver the given message to the listener or audience;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Good understanding of the AFL football network and inter-club relationships;
Including but not exclusive to;
- Developing and maintaining a high level of satisfaction with AFL Cairns and AFL Cairns Juniors
- Providing a professional level of advice and service for AFL Cairns and AFL Cairns Juniors
- Proactively liaising with and engage AFL Cairns and AFL Cairns Juniors
- Clubs in supporting activities and initiatives
- Timely and accurate delivery of duties and responsibilities as outlined above
- Work as part of a vibrant, dynamic and flexible team.
- Assist with growing football
Applications close Wednesday 29th August.
Please send cover letter and resume to AFL Cairns Operations Manager