Information and Terms & Conditions
2023 AFLW Premiership Match – Cazalys Stadium, Cairns
In 2023, Cazalys Stadium will host the AFLW Premiership Season match between Hawthorn & Richmond on Friday 20 October.
Round 8 – 6.45pm Friday 20th October 2023 – Hawthorn v Richmond
4.15pm Curtain Raiser – Under 17 Girls Representative Game between Cairns Lions & Cape York Crusaders.
Tickets available online at https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/25005F02DF142443.
Children aged 0-17 as at 1 January 2023 are entitled to enter the ground at no charge; however, they must hold a valid ticket for entry.
Persons aged 18 and over as at 1 January 2023 are classified as an adult.
Match day tickets will be available at the gate. However, pre-purchase tickets before you arrive is preferred.
Junior & Concession Ticketing Policy follows below.
Entry to the Stadium is via tw entry points;
- Tills St Ticket Box
- Cazalys Social Club Entrance – Official Match Day Function, Outdoor Corporate Boxes and Sportsmen’s Deck patrons ONLY.
Cazalys Stadium Maps are available at www.aflcairns.com.au or below to identify your best entry gate.
Getting to and from Cazalys Stadium
Taxis – At the conclusion of the match, Taxi’s will be available from the Tills Street and Cazalys Social Club taxi ranks.
Public Transport – Bus timetables are available online at https://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/water-waste-roads/roads/public-transport.
Parking – There is limited parking available within close proximity to Cazalys Stadium. Please respect businesses and residents living close to the Stadium and obey traffic signs at all times.
Road Closure – Patrons are advised Tills Street will be closed between Earl and Mann Streets on match days. No parking is permitted in this area. Parking Officers will be in attendance to issue infringement notices.
On arrival at Cazalys Stadium
Please have your e-ticket ready for scanning into the venue on your arrival at Cazalys Stadium.
Home printed paper tickets are acceptable. Please have this ready for scanning at the Entry Gate.
Bag and Bag Checks – Do not bring bags larger than an A4 piece of paper. Bag searches will take place at the gates, which will slow your entry as there is generally queuing for bag checks. We encourage all patrons not to bring bags to Cazalys Stadium unless essential.
Cloaking – Please note there is no cloaking facility available at Cazalys Stadium and precluded items will not be stored for patrons during the event.
Pass out –No pass outs are permitted. You must scan the tickets
Smoking – Smoking inside Cazalys Stadium may only be in specifically marked areas. Patrons may be evicted from the stadium for smoking in non-marked areas.
Merchandise – Merchandise will be available inside the Tills Street Box Office. EFTPOS facilities only – no cash.
ATMs & Phones – This Event is a cashless event. All payments must be made with EFTPOS. Public phones are located inside Cazalys Social Club Foyer. No cash out facilities are available.
First Aid – First Aid will be available by Category 5 personnel. First Aid stations will also be located near the food vendors – or ask security if you need first aid assistance.
Dry Areas – Look for the dry area signage in your zone.
Food and Beverage at Cazalys Stadium
Food and beverages will be available from the various food vans and bars around the stadium.
Patrons are not permitted to bring any drinks or food items into Cazalys stadium.
Eskys of any size are not permitted.
Cazalys Stadium is a licensed venue. Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of Cazalys Stadium at any time, including the conclusion of the match. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated and intoxicated, and disorderly patrons will be refused entry and/or further service and/or asked to leave the venue.
Fines apply to patrons caught trying to ‘smuggle’ alcohol into Cazalys Stadium.
Chairs – Picnic Blankets – Umbrellas
No chairs are permitted.
Picnic blankets are allowed for patrons in the General Admission sections.
Umbrellas are acceptable. Please be mindful of people around you if using your umbrella.
Cazalys Stadium Conditions of Entry
- Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
- Patrons may be requested to present bags for inspection.
- Persons entering the playing arena without prior authorization will be liable for prosecution.
- Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
- Seats retract automatically. Check your seat before you sit down.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from Cazalys Stadium.
- Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue except in expressly marked areas.
- Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
- A large proportion of Cazalys Stadium is exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
Note: These conditions should be read in conjunction with the Conditions of Entry to an AFL Venue – https://www.afl.com.au/tickets/conditions-of-entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following
items are not permitted into Cazalys Stadium:
- Opened soft drink or water containers.
- Cans / glass;
- Torn-up paper;
- Musical instruments;
- Folding chairs (picnic rugs are permitted)
- Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres;
- Fireworks / flares / laser lights;
- Rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles;
- Animals (guide and hearing animals may enter);
- Audio recording equipment* / video cameras; *Audio visual equipment may be permitted for
those parents whose children participate in the Auskick / Little League competition.
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat;
- Any device or item that in the opinion of Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns management has the
potential to cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to other patrons.
Flags & Banners
As per the usual policy for AFL games, flags other than Australian or indigenous flags or those flags representing nationality of players competing in games should not be openly displayed at games.
Cazalys Stadium values any constructive feedback or comments from visitors on event and non–event days. Please email email@example.com with any feedback or enquiries and leave your name and nature of your comment, and a representative from AFL Cairns Management will get back to you as soon as possible.