In 2018 Cazalys Stadium, Cairns will host its eighth Toyota AFL Premiership Season match. We welcome the Gold Coast SUNS to Far North Queensland for the fifth consecutive year, to meet with North Melbourne for Round 1, on Saturday 24th March 6.25pm.
Tickets can be purchased by clicking HERE
Match Day Information:
Date: Saturday 24th March 2018
Gates Open: 4:00pm (Those wanting to attend the Curtain Raiser match can enter via Tills Street gate from 3:30pm)
Curtain Raiser: 3.30pm – North Queensland Challenge Cup Port Douglas FC v Hermit Park FC
Main Game: 6.25pm
Tickets available online to avoid queuing at www.ticketdirect.com.au
Cazalys Social Club 344 Mulgrave Rd Westcourt, Box Office open 7 Days 9.00am until 6.00pm.
Match day tickets only available at Tills Street Gate Box Office ONLY from 10.00am or online.
Getting to and from Cazalys Stadium
FREE Shuttle Bus Service – There are several options available to patrons to park in the Cairns CBD area and take the FREE Shuttle Bus service from the Lake Street Bus Terminal to Cazalys Stadium. The FREE Shuttle Bus Service will operate from 3:30pm until the commencement of the match and again at the conclusion of the match for 1.5 hours.
Taxis – At the conclusion of the match, Taxi’s will be available from the Tills Street and Cazalys Social Club taxi ranks.
Parking – There is limited parking available within close proximity to Cazalys Stadium. Please respect business and residents living close to the Stadium and obey traffic signs at all times. The Cazalys Social Club car park is for Cazalys Members only. There is no public parking within the Cazalys Stadium precinct.
We encourage all patrons attending the match to utilise the FREE Shuttle Bus Service from Cairns CBD.
Road Closure – Patrons are advised Tills Street will be closed between Earl and Mann Streets from 12.30pm to 11.00pm. No parking is permitted in this area. Parking Officers will be in attendance to issue infringement notices.
On arrival at Cazalys Stadium
Please have your ticket ready for scanning into the venue on your arrival at Cazalys Stadium.
Bag and Bag Checks – Patrons are permitted to bring bags into Cazalys Stadium, however, bag searches will take place at the gates, which will slow your entry as there is generally queuing for bag checks. We encourage all patrons not to bring bags to Cazalys Stadium unless essential.
Clocking – Please not there is not cloaking available at Cazalys Stadium and precluded items will not be stored for patrons during the event.
Pass out – Pass outs are permitted. Patrons must scan out of the venue and scan back in on returning.
Smoking – Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue. Patrons smoking may be evicted from the stadium.
Merchandise – Merchandise from both Clubs will be available to purchase inside the Tills Street Gates.
AFL Footy Record – The AFL Footy Record will be available to purchase from sellers throughout the venue.
ATMs & Phones – ATMs and public phones are located inside Cazalys Social Club Foyer. Please scan out through the Mulgrave Road gates to access ATMs or public phones once inside the venue. Cash out facilities are also available at Tills Street Ticket Box.
First Aid – First Aid will be available at the rear of the main grandstand.
Food and Beverage at Cazalys Stadium
Food and beverages will be available from the various food vans and bars around the stadium.
Patrons are permitted to bring water and non-alcoholic beverages in plastic or cardboard packaging which have not been opened into Cazalys Stadium.
Food items which are homemade such as sandwiches, biscuits and cakes, provided they are packaged in plastic, non-dangerous packaging, can be brought into Cazalys Stadium. Drinks and food can only be brought into Cazalys Stadium in soft cooler bags. Esky’s of any size are not permitted.
Cazalys Stadium is a licensed venue. Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of Cazalys Stadium at any time, including the conclusion of the match. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated and intoxicated and disorderly patrons will be refused entry and/or further service and/or asked to leave the venue.
Fines apply to patrons caught trying to ‘smuggle’ alcohol into Cazalys Stadium.
Cazalys Stadium Conditions of Entry
- Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
- Patrons may be requested to present bags for inspection.
- Persons entering the arena without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution.
- Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
- Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from Cazalys Stadium.
- Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue.
- Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
- A large proportion of Cazalys Stadium is exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
- The AFL advises that it may (without notice and at its sole discretion) delay the start time for Saturday night matches up to a maximum of 30 minutes from the scheduled start time.
Note: These conditions should be read in conjunction with the Conditions of Entry to an AFL Venue – http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/conditions-of-entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following
items are not permitted into Cazalys Stadium:
- Opened soft drink or water containers;
- Cans / glass;
- Torn-up paper;
- Musical instruments;
- Folding chairs (picnic rugs are permitted)
- Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres;
- Fireworks / flares / laser lights;
- Rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles;
- Animals (guide and hearing animals may enter);
- Audio recording equipment* / video cameras; *Audio visual equipment may be permitted for those parents whose children participate in the Auskick / Little League competition
- Folding chairs;
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat;
- Any device or item that in the opinion of Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to other patrons
Cazalys Stadium values any constructive feedback or comments from visitors on event and non–event days. Please email email@example.com with any feedback or enquiries and leave your name and nature of your comment and a representative from AFL Cairns management will get back to you as soon as possible.