FAQ AFL Matches 2020
2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Matches
Round 18, 20th September 6.10pm Fremantle v Western Bulldogs
What time will the gates open? 4.30pm
Is there a curtain-raiser match? No
When will Ticket be released? The AFL will release this soon. Due to COVID Govt regulation changing often tickets are released seven days before the match.
AFL Club members are offered tickets first then the public will be able to purchase.
How do we get Tickets? https://premier.ticketek.com.au/ No Box Office at the Stadium this a e-ticket event only. Please buy online at the above address before you arrive.
Do you have Corporate areas? Corporate Packages available at AFLCairns.com.au under the AFL Match heading.
Can I bring my own seating into Cazalys Stadium? No, Folding chairs are not permitted.
Can I bring a bag into Cazalys Stadium? No bigger than an A4 size piece of paper. However, bag searches will take place at the gates, which will slow your entry as there is generally queuing for bag checks. We encourage all patrons not to bring bags to Cazalys Stadium unless essential.
Is there cloaking available at Cazalys Stadium? There are no cloaking facilities at Cazalys Stadium.
Can I bring food and drink into Cazalys Stadium? Due to COVID restrictions and transfer, NO food is permitted. Esky’s of any size are not permitted.
Can I bring alcohol into Cazalys Stadium? Fines apply to patrons caught trying to ‘smuggle’ alcohol into Cazalys Stadium.
Can I bring an umbrella into Cazalys Stadium? Umbrellas are permitted but please respect other patrons around you.
What are the Zone areas? The Stadium has been split into four Zones. You must enter via the gate in your zone and stay in your zone for the match.
Zone 1 – Entrance at Mulgrave Road behind Cazalys Social Club
Zone 2 – Till Street gate Jeff Hopgood Entrance
Zone 3 – Cazalys Car Park – Mulgrave Road
Zone 4 – Cazalys Social Club – Corporate Entrance only for Sportsman’s Bar Deck
What are the seating arrangements around Social Distancing? Only sit in the aisle and row shown on your mobile ticket, ensuring one seat distance between seating groups in the Grandstand. On the Cazalys Hill it is general admission, we have positioned chairs in groups you must sit within your ticket group. Please do not move the chairs they comply with Government Regulation and social distancing. No standing permitted. We do have two small picnic areas available in Zone 2 & 3.
What about Social Distancing? You must always socially distance.
Can I use cash at Cazalys Stadium? NO CASH – EFTPOS payments only.
Can I take photos at the match? Personal cameras are permitted.
Can I buy food at Cazalys Stadium? Food will be available from the canteen and food trucks around the stadium.
Can I buy alcoholic beverages at Cazalys Stadium? Yes. Cazalys Stadium is a licensed venue. Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of Cazalys Stadium. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Alcohol may not be consumed in the DRY AREAS of Cazalys Stadium. Excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated and intoxicated, and disorderly patrons will be refused entry and/or further service and/or asked to leave the venue.
Can I smoke at Cazalys Stadium? Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue.
Can I leave the Stadium and come back in? No Passouts in 2020 due to COVID restrictions.
Can we have a kick on the oval after the match? No kick to kick after the match.
Will there be transport available to and from Cazalys Stadium? Buses operate from Cairns Central, Spence Street. Return Bus Stop to Cairns CBD is located at the front of Cazalys Social Club.
Where are the Taxi Ranks around the Stadium? Located on Till Street, Mann Street with an electronic booking system at the Rank.
Can I use my Health Care Card to purchase a concession priced ticket? Yes, see AFL Junior and Concession Policy – http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/junior-and-concession-policy
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following items are not permitted into Cazalys Stadium:
- No soft drink or water containers;
- Cans / glass;
- No food;
- Torn-up paper;
- Musical instruments;
- Folding chairs;
- Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres;
- Fireworks / flares / laser lights;
- Rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles;
- Animals (guide and hearing animals may enter);
- Audio recording equipment* / video cameras; *Audio visual equipment may be permitted for those parents whose children participate in the Auskick / Little League competition.
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat;
- Any device or item that in the opinion of Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to other patrons
Cazalys Stadium Conditions of Entry
- Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
- Patrons may be requested to present bags for inspection.
- Persons entering the arena without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution.
- Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
- Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from Cazalys Stadium.
- Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue.
- Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
- A large proportion of Cazalys Stadium is exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
- The AFL advises that it may (without notice and at its sole discretion) delay the start time for Saturday night matches up to a maximum of 30 minutes from the scheduled start time.
- Due to COVID-19 additional venue restrictions will apply:
– Please keep 1.5m between yourself and others
– Wash hands and sanitise regularly
– Stay home if you’re feeling unwell
– Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- We recommend all patrons download the Australian Government COVIDSafe app, and have it running on their phones with Bluetooth enabled while at the Venue.
Note: These conditions should be read in conjunction with the Conditions of Entry to an AFL Venue – http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/conditions-of-entry