AFL Match Day Information
Information for patrons attending the AFL Premiership Matches 2020
In 2020 Cazalys Stadium, Cairns will host the Toyota AFL Premiership Season matches, with three games over thirteen day. We welcome Sydney Swans, Melbourne Demons, Fremantle Dockers and Brisbane Lions to Far North Queensland in round 15, 16 and 17 in what’s set to be an AFL entertainment extravaganza.
Match 1 -Thursday 3rd September
Sydney v Melbourne
Gates Open: 3.30pm
First Bounce: 4.40pm
Tickets available online to avoid queuing at www.ticketek.com.au
Match day tickets only available Online at
Have your e-tickets and printed tickets ready for scan in at the gate upon entry.
*No Box Office Available at the Gate – Purchase your e-ticket before you arrive.
Getting to and from Cazalys Stadium
FREE Shuttle Bus Service – There are several options available to patrons to park in the Cairns CBD area and take the FREE Shuttle Bus service from the Lake Street Bus Terminal to Cazalys Stadium. The FREE Shuttle Bus Service will operate from XXXpm until the commencement of the match and again at the conclusion of the match for 1.5 hours.
Taxis – At the conclusion of the match, Taxi’s will be available from the Tills Street and Cazalys Social Club taxi ranks.
Parking – There is limited parking available within close proximity to Cazalys Stadium. Please respect business and residents living close to the Stadium and obey traffic signs at all times. The Cazalys Social Club car park is for Cazalys Members only. There is no public parking within the Cazalys Stadium precinct.
We encourage all patrons attending the match to utilise the FREE Shuttle Bus Service from Cairns CBD.
Road Closure – Patrons are advised Tills Street will be closed between Earl and Mann Streets from 12.30pm to 11.00pm. No parking is permitted in this area. Parking Officers will be in attendance to issue infringement notices.
On arrival at Cazalys Stadium
Please have your ticket ready for scanning into the venue on your arrival at Cazalys Stadium.
Bag and Bag Checks – Patrons are permitted to bring bags into Cazalys Stadium, however, bag searches will take place at the gates, which will slow your entry as there is generally queuing for bag checks. We encourage all patrons not to bring bags to Cazalys Stadium unless essential.
Clocking – Please not there is not cloaking available at Cazalys Stadium and precluded items will not be stored for patrons during the event.
Pass out – No Pass outs are permitted at matches in 2020.
Smoking – Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue. Patrons smoking may be evicted from the stadium.
Merchandise – Merchandise will not be available at all matches. If Clubs are in attendance Merchandise will be positioned outside of Stadium at Zone 2 Gate in the Till Street Ticket Box. You can enter here to buy merchandise but you cannot scan in here for entry to Zone 1, 3 or 4. EFTPOS facilities only – no cash.
*Confirmed Brisbane Lions Merchandise will be available at Match 3
AFL Footy Record – The AFL Footy Record will be available to purchase from sellers throughout the venue.
Cashless Contact: The stadium will be operating on a cashless system. All payments for merchandise, bars and food will be via EFTPOS.
First Aid – First Aid will be available at the rear of the main grandstand.
Food and Beverage at Cazalys Stadium
Food and beverages will be available from the various food vans and bars around the stadium.
Patrons are permitted to bring water and non-alcoholic beverages in plastic or cardboard packaging which have not been opened into Cazalys Stadium.
No Food items are permitted into Cazalys Stadium in 2020.
Cazalys Stadium is a licensed venue. Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of Cazalys Stadium at any time, including the conclusion of the match. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated and intoxicated and disorderly patrons will be refused entry and/or further service and/or asked to leave the venue.
Fines apply to patrons caught trying to ‘smuggle’ alcohol into Cazalys Stadium.
General admission on Cazalys Hill will have chairs positioned in groups of 1, 2, 3 & 4. These are set up to comply with Queensland Government’s COVID Regulations and must not be moved. Ushers will direct you to seats in your allocated group numbers when you arrive. If you have purchased six tickets you will need to sit in a group of four plus two with a distance that separates you. (or a configuration of three and three seats) Please do not move or rearrange the seating configurations.
In the General Admission area Zone 2 and Zone 3 there will be a small picnic area available, however social distancing must be maintained between you and the next group.
Cazalys Stadium Conditions of Entry
- Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
- Patrons may be requested to present bags for inspection.
- Persons entering the arena without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution.
- Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
- Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from Cazalys Stadium.
- Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue.
- Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
- A large proportion of Cazalys Stadium is exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
- The AFL advises that it may (without notice and at its sole discretion) delay the start time for Saturday night matches up to a maximum of 30 minutes from the scheduled start time.
Note: These conditions should be read in conjunction with the Conditions of Entry to an AFL Venue – http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/conditions-of-entry
You acknowledge, even with rigorous capacity and control measures in place at matches, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness including COVID-19 at a match at this time and You have considered that risk and Your own personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that You may have or that of persons whom You will be in close contact with following Your attendance at a match. You acknowledge that, for a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences. By attending a match You (and any persons who attend the match with You) acknowledge and accept these obvious risks.
Due to COVID-19 additional venue restrictions will apply:
– Please keep 1.5m between yourself and others
– Wash hands and sanitise regularly
– Stay home if you’re feeling unwell
– Cough or sneeze in to your elbow
– Cashless payments only
– Do not bring bags larger than an A4 piece of paper
– Only sit in the aisle and row shown on your mobile ticket, ensuring two seats distance between seating groups
We recommend all patrons download the Australian Government COVIDSafe app, and have it running on their phones with Bluetooth enabled while at the Venue.
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following
items are not permitted into Cazalys Stadium:
- Opened soft drink or water containers;
- Cans / glass;
- Torn-up paper;
- Musical instruments;
- Folding chairs (picnic rugs are permitted)
- Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres;
- Fireworks / flares / laser lights;
- Rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles;
- Animals (guide and hearing animals may enter);
- Audio recording equipment* / video cameras; *Audio visual equipment may be permitted for those parents whose children participate in the Auskick / Little League competition.
- Folding chairs;
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat;
- Any device or item that in the opinion of Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to other patrons
Cazalys Stadium values any constructive feedback or comments from visitors on event and non–event days. Please email email@example.com with any feedback or inquiries and leave your name and nature of your comment and a representative from AFL Cairns management will get back to you as soon as possible.