Applications for the North Queensland Representative Team Coach are now open. The North QLD Coach will be tasked with leading the team against South QLD in Cairns on July 22nd 2017. The team will be made up of representatives from Cairns, Capricornia, Mackay, Mt. Isa and Townsville.
Please see attached Position Description, as supplied by AFL Queensland: NQ Coach Position Description
Representative football has a rich history in Queensland and the North Queensland vs South Queensland series has rapidly grown to become one of the State’s most popular representative programs. AFL Queensland are currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced coach to lead the North Queensland senior men’s team.
The coach will be responsible for designing and implementing a selection program for the North Queensland team, which will include players from competitions in Cairns, Capricornia, Mackay, Mount Isa and Townsville. The team will play South Queensland, consisting of players form the QFA, Darling Downs & Wide Bay competitions. The match will be played in Cairns on the weekend of July 22/23.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the NQ Management Team and AFLQ Football operations team to appoint all support staff roles
- Maintaining regular contact with club coaches and NQ Management Team
- Developing initial squad, in consultation with selectors
- Developing timeline for the selection program and a roster with selectors to watch matches across all regions
- Where possible, attend club matches across all regions
- Attend intra and inter League representative games
- Initiate regular post-match discussion’s with coaches, football managers and players
- Maintain regular contact with squad players
- Have regular contact with team medical staff
- Coordinate weekly selection meetings
We seek a self- motivated individual with:
- Recent senior coaching experience
- Minimum level 2 coaching accreditation or in process of achieving Level 2
- Demonstrated passion and vision for regional representative football
- An ability to oversee a program remotely
To apply submit your application via email to AFLQ Competition & Club Development Manager, James Dowling, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday the 13th of February 2017.